5/28/2011

Wisdom in "The Bell Jar"


"I'd discovered, after a lot of extreme apprehension about what spoons to use, that if you do something incorrect at table with a certain arrogance, as if you knew perfectly well you were doing it properly, you can get away with it and nobody will think you are bad-mannered or poorly brought up. They will think you are original and very witty."

I was impressed when I read it, and I thought we could say the same thing about our way of life. We oftentimes fall into the trap of comparing ourselves with other people only to find out she/he is superior to I. We sometimes hold the idea that as if there were ,what I call, the "text book type criteria" which we must live up to,however, the quoted part tells us that even when there is the text book for the situation, "You can be You".

Now there is a road which has never been traveled by anyone. If you step in and keep walking, the road will have your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment