9/07/2011

Summer and Eggplants




It's been a long time since I wrote the previous post. As much as I want to update my blog regularly, I can't due to the fact that English still remains to be an unfamiliar language to me. However, if so, I need to practice writing it on a regular basis !! I'll keep trying. =D


This morning on my way to the job, I happened to find the two big eggplants on the ground. I was very lucky to meet them. After all, I like eggplants very much ! And they are an important vegetable in Summer here.

We still have the lingering summer heat in Japan. Speaking of Summer, it's a season you lose your appetite.  In case like that, Summer vegetables will surely boost your appetite, and here eggplants are thought of as one of very summery vegetables.

Here are My Favorite Ways to Eat Eggplants!

1) Eggplants Sushi

2) Japanese pickles of eggplants

3) French-fried eggplants

4) Eggplants Tempura


Now I can't wait to welcome Autumn, the best season in a year, but part of me misses Summer. I ate eggplants pickles at lunch to appreciate the late Summer.(Not the ones on the ground! =P)

Summer 2011 is leaving.....



1 comment:

  1. I love eggplant too -- they good roasted and then added to other dishes.

    ReplyDelete